Saturday, October 27, 2007

Thing 11, All About Google


This morning I am proctoring the ACT test and using the time to do some more exploration of Google. Earlier this week I created and sent out my first Google Document and learned some pretty interesting info about some of my colleagues. I also learned that the document can be published by others even if it is not finished! :)

I love adding these images taken from Google but am uncertain about the copyright issue of using them. I spent a good amount of time trying to get an answer but am afraid I couldn't really find a clear cut explanation as to whether or not I can use them just by citing the source or if I need to get permission. If anyone has an answer please share.
(Image taken from: http://images.google.com/)

At the urging of a colleague I have set up the Google calendar and will give it a try. Will reminders of appointments pop up automatically? I couldn't seem to find a place to set that up.

In addition I discovered ORKUT. Did you know it can make your social life "more active and stimulating" and can help you "maintain existing relationships" and help you to "create and join a wide variety of online communities?" It doesn't seem to have to popularity of My Space and Facebook.

Lots and lots of interesting stuff in Google. Book reviews, U. S. Government info and links, patents and much more. Very cool.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love your little librarian pic. The iGoogle calendar automatically sends the pop up boxes to remind you of events you've scheduled. Cool, eh?
Linda