Sunday, October 7, 2007

Thing 1


I know I understand the definition of information literacy to be " a set of abilities requiring individuals to "recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information." (Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education. American Library Association. 2006.)

What I seriously doubt is that I'll ever understand "football literacy." Married to a sports fanatic and eventual coach, I can't even imagine how many hours I have spent attending and watching various sporting teams, especially the Green Bay Packers. As much as I love to watch the "Pack" (and especially Brett Favre) unless I actively locate, evaluate and use information I will never understand the rules of football. Go Pack!!!
(Photo taken from http://www.sidelineshow.com)

No comments: