Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thing 4, Get To Know Your Public Library



I guess I've always known my public library. If fact I have TWO library cards, one from St. Paul and one from Washington County. I've even finally convinced my children that you don't have to buy every book you want to read from Barnes and Noble. My daughters frequent the library for a variety of reasons. But I hadn't been to the public library myself for awhile. I went this week with the intention of picking up library card applications for my foundations students, which I did do. While I was there I checked out a couple of books on tape and was reminded of the fabulous "Museum Adventure Pass" program and wondered why I haven't taken advantage of this wonderful program. So now in the quest of getting my students library cards I will first show them how to access their school email account since I know some students don't have access at home. I'll introduce them to the "Museum Adventure Pass" and the homework help program.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

My sororiety (which I am the local president) is encouraged to have many of our meetings at locations whiich use the "Museum Adventure Passes" to cut down on costs. It is a great idea. Sorry the Science Museum isn't on it this year. Go to the American Swedish Institute in Mpls. around Christmas and see all the beautiful rooms on display from each Scandinavian country. Thanks for reminding everyone about this great opportunity.
Leslie E.