Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thing 13, Subscription Databases


I really found the MILP session on databases very helpful. Fairly new to the high school scene and the whole research thing I often floundered and had almost as many problems researching as the students. For example, learning that Sirs Researcher has the pro/con tab made it the perfect database for the criminal justice class. I really felt like I had something great to show them and didn't feel so much like a turkey. I would like to spend even more time exploring the databases and feel it would be time well spent.
(Photo taken from http://www.luckyoliver.com/)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I agree. Wouldn't it be even better if the district could afford to get Gale's Opposing Viewpoints database for us? A couple of English teachers have their kids do pro/con speeches and SIRS Researcher is great for that. Linda